PEEL-N-PATCH™ UV CURED MATERIAL FOR WIND ENERGY PRODUCTS
TPC UV patch material has been supplied for use as wind turbine blades. Finished components have been successfully tested at a major international university and found to be fully compliant.
The patch material is particularly suitable for blades under 10m in length generally on turbines 20 k/w and under. Benefits of TPC UV products in blades and nacelles include:
• Fast cure times by light rather than ovens
• Easy to manufacture into blades
• Highly consistent weight so that blades are produced evenly
• Tested and certified for resistance to stress when in blade form
• Light weight
• Low cost to manufacture into blades
• Easy to store material when not in use
• Cost effective compared with Resin infusion manufacturing techniques
TPC patches are excellent for repairing and servicing wind turbines and solar panels. TPC patches are lightweight, easy to transport and to apply as a solution to reinforcement challenges in these large and towering structures.
TPC UV FOR SOLAR ENERGY COMPONENTS
TPC UV patch material is currently being used as a backing on flexible solar panels and for use in mirror panels for high concentration photovoltaic dishes.
The technology can be easily manufactured into sandwich core constructions and then used as panels for extremely light weight easy to manufacture solar cell or mirror applications.